My Gardens

For all of you fellow gardeners out there, or anybody who loves using the freshest of fresh ingredients, I currently have three different gardens. I have an herb garden which is a must for any chef:) and two vegetable gardens. My herb garden has 9 different herbs in it right now including: English thyme, cilantro, sweet basil, lavender, chives, peppermint, dill, curled parsley, and Italian flat-leaf parsley. I also have quite an array of veggies and fruits (tomatoes) that come from both of my gardens! Here they are: regular tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, kohlrabi, buttercrunch lettuce, spinach leaves, arugula, cauliflower, variety peppers, scallions, radishes, peas, Danver's carrots, short n' sweet carrots, cucumbers, yellow crookneck squash, turnip greens, cabbage, green beans, and Spanish sweet onions. Whooh!!! That is a lot of vegetables! But it also gives me a choice of what to cook with because sometimes I get my inspiration from the ingredients that I already have. When my family moved into our house, planted in the woods was some wild asparagus that grows up to 5 feet tall! (The WOW factor:) But, we didn't realize it until a couple of months ago. Next to the wild asparagus, we are planning on planting some sweet corn. Sugar Buns sweet corn, to be exact. Happy Gardening!!!

*So get in your kitchen, put your apron on, and let's get Cookin' with Cassie!*

Comments