The Best Ever Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

    
     A couple of days ago after dinner, Tom and I were talking and I said "We have been eating so healthy lately, I'm so proud of us!" Then I proceeded to ask "Do you want healthy chocolate chip cookies or my go-to chocolate chip cookies?" He looked at me and said something along the lines of "the good chocolate chip cookies" :) 

     I stumbled upon this recipe about a year or so ago on Pinterest (shocker, right?) and this is the only chocolate chip cookie recipe I will ever use. First of all, I know some of you aren't dark chocolate lovers, but I highly encourage you to use dark chocolate chips. Just try it, you'll love them! Also, just for legal purposes, this is me not taking ownership of this recipe because I didn't come up with it, although I would have liked to! 


     My whole life I have been waiting to find the perfect chocolate chip cookie. I like a soft, but dense cookie and this recipe is exactly that! Aka this cookie is ultra thick and ultra soft! Next time you go into your cupboard and reach for that notorious recipe on the back of the milk chocolate chips bag, I hope you remember this recipe and give it a try (even if it is with milk chocolate chips!) I'll let it slide this time!


PSA: 1. Melt the butter.
     2. DO NOT OVERBAKE
     3. No chilling of the dough is required!

Yield: 9 Huge cookies! (I doubled the recipe this time because I'm 
       an adult and I do what I want:)

     

















Ingredients: 

8 Tbsp. of salted butter

1/2 cup white sugar

1/4 cup packed light brown sugar

1 tsp. vanilla extract

1 egg

1.5 cups all-purpose flour 

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/4 tsp. salt

3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (I use Guittard dark chocolate chips)


Directions: 

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. 

2. Microwave the butter for about 40 seconds to just barely melt. 
   It shouldn't be boiling hot but it should be almost in liquid 
   form. 

3. Using a stand mixer or electric beaters, beat the butter with  
   the sugars until creamy. Add the vanilla extract and the egg. 
   Beat on low speed until just incorporated (about 10 to 15 
   seconds or so). Note: If you beat the egg for too long, the 
   cookies will be stiff. 

4. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until crumbles form. 
   Using a rubber spatula (the pink one shown below!), scrape down 
   the sides of the bowl and mix again until combined. It should 
   form one large ball of dough. Add the chocolate chips and 
   incorporate with a spatula or your favorite wooden spoon (also 
   shown below).

   

5. Take a large cookie scoop of dough (mine holds about 1/4 cup to 
   a 1/3 cup) or use your hands or a couple of large spoons and 
   place the dough onto a pan covered in parchment paper, a 
   silicone baking mat, or cooking spray. You should get about 9 
   large cookies from one batch, but everybody's cookies vary in 
   size. 

(Note: Make these cookies big, you will thank me later! I 
   have never used a small cookie scoop because once you have a big 
   giant soft cookie, you don't want a small soft cookie:)


6. Bake for 9-15 minutes until the cookies look puffy and dry and 
   just barely brown. They should look pale, not golden brown! 
   (notice the wide range of cooking time due to the fact that 
   everybody makes different sized cookies)

WARNING: DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT OVER-BAKE!! Okay now that I have your attention, I know everybody says to not over-bake but I actually mean it! 


















7. Let the cookies cool in the pan for a good 30 minutes or so (but 
   go ahead and try one straight out of the oven, quality control, 
   amiright?) They will sink down and turn into dense, soft, chewy 
   cookies that are truly THE BEST. These cookies will stay soft 
   and chewy for days in an airtight container. Let's be honest  
   though, by day two or three they will have "magically 
   disappeared" ;) 





Every time I bite into one of these cookies,
they taste like home:) 






 They are almost too pretty to eat. Ah, who am I kidding!? 
*crunch crunch*



This is a great recipe to get the kiddos involved so they can see the fruits of their labor, or in this case the cookies of their labor. If you don't have kids, your dogs and/or cat I'm sure will be greatly interested in helping (and by help I mean steal a cookie off of the counter when you're not looking!) 
Until next time, fam, thank you for always coming back and cooking with me, Cassie! :)





















     

Comments