Healthy 5-Ingredient Flourless Banana Bread

Let's talk about some things before I start talking about the recipe listed above. 2017: it's a time of resolutions and trying to better yourself and eating healthy food and blah blah blah...

Let me tell you what, girl, (or guy!), you don't need to sacrifice flavor when you are trying to be "healthy". That's right, you heard me. All flavor, no gain...err? no loss? Well you guys know what I mean! Flavor doesn't need to be sacrificed in 2017! Whoohoo! 

So today, I was on Pinterest (what, you were on Pinterest? Of course I was:) and I found this recipe, but not any recipe. The recipe of all recipes. The mother of all recipes. Well, not really, but it's a really great recipe for those who LOVE to bake like I do! For those of you that know me, and my boyfriend can and will attest that I love to bake cookies, cakes, pies, cheesecakes, cupcakes, and the list goes on! So when I found this recipe I knew I had to share it with you all! 

This Healthy 5-Ingredient Flourless Banana Bread recipe is very tasty. No added flour or sugar! I personally love this recipe because well, it is healthy and it isn't as sweet as normal banana breads but it has great flavor! 





Healthy 5-Ingredient Flourless Banana Bread: 

3 bananas (perfect for those overripe bananas just sitting around wanting to be used up!) 
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (I used quick cooking oats and it worked perfectly)
2 eggs 
1/4 maple syrup 
1 teaspoon baking soda 

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease 9"x5" loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. 


2. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and well combined. ( You can also just   mash the banana and then use a hand mixer to mix everything together, worked perfectly!) 


3. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake it for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick/cake tester is inserted into the center of the loaf and comes out clean. 


4. Let loaf cool completely in loaf pan.


5. Store bread in airtight container or in a gallon ziploc bag in the refrigerator to keep the longest!  


6. Skip the dishes and enjoy this bread fresh out of the oven with a little slab of butter:) 
(Okay so that wasn't a step but you can follow it if you would like to...I strongly suggest it!)



So there it is everybody, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Here's to 2017! :) 




*So....get in your kitchen, put your apron on, and let's get Cookin' with Cassie!*





Comments

  1. I used steel cut oats and I love this banana bread!! My new favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great! Such a great flavor and great texture!

      Delete

Post a Comment