What! You cook?

Many people find it hard to believe that I help people out so much. I load and unload the dishwasher, do dishes, do the laundry, and cook, of course:) I am actually looking for a job in a local restaurant doing dishes or helping out in the kitchen right now. When I went camping last weekend with our friends, I would help make all of the meals that I could. And Boy, I have to say, "I LOVE CAMP FOOD!" I'm talking about the old-fashioned way off the open flame of the fire; not off some silly portable oven. "Hot off the Press" food or "Comfort Food" as I like to call it! A friend of mine, who has a blog which is listed at the bottom of this web page, is an amazing chef just like myself:) We went camping, like I said before, and we forgot to pack the maple syrup! We were kayaking, though, which made up for the loss in my heart of the maple syrup:) So, with our pancakes, we made an apple-brown sugar butter with walnuts in it, and it was amazing. You get the crunch from the walnuts and the soft apple which has been sauteed with butter and brown sugar. I didn't even miss the maple syrup at all! For those of you who haven't been kayaking or camping, it is a great experience that you all should try!

*So..get in your kitchen, put your apron on, and let's get Cookin' with Cassie!*

Comments