Broccoli Salad!


Broccoli salad. You know the one I'm talking about, the kind that you get in your local American grocery store in the deli. It's a cold salad with broccoli, raisins, bacon, and a creamy dressing.Well I'm here to tell you that you don't need to pay $8.00 to eat it anymore! Isn't that great? :) This recipe is so easy, I pulled it together 8 minutes (give or take a few seconds). I hope you enjoy it! :)
Ingredients: 
  • 5-6 cups of broccoli/cauliflower (you can use all broccoli if you want but we had cauliflower that needed to be used up too)
  • 3 or 4 slices of bacon, crumbled into little pieces (Use whatever you have leftover from breakfast, that's what I did!)
  • 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped 
  • 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
  • 1/3 cup dried cranberries (Craisins) OR you can use golden raisins OR regular raisins, whichever you prefer!
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons granulated (regular) sugar
  • salt and pepper, to taste 

Instructions: 
1. In a mixing bowl, add broccoli, bacon, onion, sunflower seeds and dried cranberries (or raisins). 
2. In a small mixing bowl, mix together mayo, vinegar, and sugar.
3. Pour the dressing mixture over the salad and mix every thing together. 
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve (at least one hour). 


Feel free to take out anything you don't like or don't want in the salad. I even added something to mine! I had a small bowl of peas in my fridge and I thought I would add them to the beautiful salad! They give a little extra sweetness, which I think is just delicious. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did :)

*So...get in your kitchen, put your apron on, and let's get Cookin' with Cassie!* 

Comments