Sauteed Asparagus


I recently made asparagus on the stovetop, and boy was it good!!!!! To prep the asparagus, I wash them first under cold water. I usually just buy a bundle of asparagus at a time. After that, I trim the asparagus. What I do to trim them is I snap the asparagus on the ends where the stems are. Do not make the mistake of lining up all of the aparagus on your cutting board and cutting off one inch of the stems. Simply just snap the ends off. Nobody wants to bite into a woody stem!! I also cut the asparagus into roughly two inch pieces (about 3 pieces per stalk). For starters, I heated a saute pan to medium heat with enough EVOO to coat the pan. Let the pan heat to get nice and hot first. Then, I put the aparagus into the pan. I add my salt and pepper to taste. I also add about 2 tablespoons of butter for an extra richness in this dish. I felt like it needed something more than EVOO! Cook until tender. Simply Enjoy!!!!! This dish is perfect for a hearty meal or just for a good snack! Live Well, Laugh Often, Cook Much!


So.....get in your kitchen, put your apron on, and let's get Cookin' with Cassie!

Comments