Pinterest, words cannot describe how thankful I am for you. I mean I love reading my cookbooks
and all but sometimes, and by that I mean all the time, I like to go online to Pinterest and find out what my next meal will be. (Sorry if I keep repeating that "P" word, I just love "it" so much!)   For those of you that have no idea what I am talking about, saying "what is this Pinterest you speak of?" it is basically a search engine that connects you to recipes, crafts, DIY projects, and everything under the sun you could ever imagine. I have found many a good recipe, crafts, Christmas decorations and gift ideas, pictures of what my dream home will look like (a cozy little log cabin on lots of land please), and even my future wedding dress. Yes, my wedding dress. I don't even have a boyfriend yet, but hey, you have to be prepared, right?
     I have found my beloved chicken pot pie (minus the chicken, I haven't made it with chicken yet! oops! so just veggie pot pie I guess...), my versatile crust that I use for my pot pie and also sweet pies, and my Amish bread recipe that is to-die-for, all on Pinterest!I had so much faith in it that last Friday, December 6th, I made 11 loaves of it! That's right ELEVEN. We won't have to buy bread for at least a month or two. On that same day, I managed to crank out a peanut butter pie with an Oreo crumb crust and chocolate shavings on top and two loaves of Amish cinnamon bread. I also made my own butter from scratch a few weeks ago, and a product of the homemade butter was buttermilk that I used in my very moist Amish cinnamon bread (which had the consistency of banana bread for clarification purposes). Ahhh the feeling of self-sufficiency....now if only I had a cow that I could milk, I could drink fresh milk, make my own cream, buttermilk, butter, and soap from, I would be set. It's my dream. Along with my own Belgian horse... :) Mom? Dad? Santa? Anybody?
     Well that is all for now! Time to go meal plan for tomorrow and next week! "Au revoir" for now :) That means "goodbye" in French! So there you have it, a little bit about how my food journey is blossoming AND a foreign language lesson!

       *So.....get in your kitchen, put your apron on, and let's get Cookin' with Cassie!*




 

Comments