As you all know, tonight I catered cupcakes for a baby shower! There were about 25 people there, all my Mom's co-workers and friends, so for my first catering gig it was pretty special. I made about four dozen cupcakes, chocolate with purple buttercream frosting and vanilla almond with pretty white buttercream! And let me tell you what...they were a HUGE hit!! The night before the shower after I made them, my family and I sampled each kind. They loved them, but I wasn't too sure about them. (I had a little bit of a cold so maybe that was the reason) I was so nervous when it was time to eat the cupcakes at the baby shower, the guest-of-honor a.k.a. the mother-to-be, was the first one to taste them. I sat on the edge of my chair and as she ate the cupcake, I was nervously awaiting her response. The verdict was in. She absolutely loved them! And apparently so did everyone else because I kept hearing the following: "Oh these cupcakes are so good" and "Wow these cupcakes are amazing!" As it turns out, I am my biggest critic. When I make something, whether I'm baking or cooking, I judge my food, hardcore. I write down improvements on my recipes so that I can make them better for next time. But as it turns out, everybody enjoyed my fabulous cupcakes and I am so happy about that! *whoot whoot* I had four different people tell me that I should open my own bakery...hmm something to think about :) Stay tuned for my Buttermilk Berry Muffins!


*So....get in your kitchen, put your apron on, and let's get Cookin' with Cassie!*


The cupcakes before the frosting! 


About to frost with my piping bag!

The finished products! Vanilla Almond :)

Chocoloate :)

Aren't they just beautiful??


The display at the baby shower for Baby Bentley!

*sigh of relief that everything turned out perfectly*



Comments

  1. These are so cute, Cassie! Do you follow a recipe when you bake cupcakes or do you make up your own?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment