Not Your Mother's Tuna Salad

















     Growing up I think that everyone remembers having tuna salad, whether it was on a sandwich or in a cold pasta dish. That dish was one that my Mom always made and one that I craved growing up:) Not saying that you should throw away everything you know about the "old" tuna salad, but let's bring some new flavors to the table (literally)! There is no celery in here and no dill or parsley *gasp* but you don't miss it one bit because I have a few secret ingredients up my sleeve that pack the crunch. Alright, I won't keep you waiting any longer, here she is: Not Your Mother's Tuna Salad :)

PSA: This recipe makes about four romaine cups and can be doubled, 
     tripled, or quadrupled, etc! 




Ingredients:

(2) - 5 oz. cans of tuna

1/4 cup of mayonnaise (I use Sir Kensington's Mayo, but feel free 
    to use whatever you have!)

1 jalapeno, de-seeded and minced (split the jalapeno in halve 
  length-wise and then use a spoon to scrape the seeds out then 
  proceed to cut them into thin strips and mince them! Note: If you 
  are unsure of how spicy you want it, start with half of a 
  jalapeno, then work your way up!)

1/2 cup cilantro, chopped

1 green onion, chopped 

1/3 cup to a 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters! 

Salt & Pepper to taste

Whole romaine leaves, (aka tuna salad cups) rinsed and dried


Directions:

1. Mix the tuna, mayo, jalapeno, cilantro, green onion, cherry 
   tomatoes, and salt/pepper into a small mixing bowl. 

2. Rinse whole romaine leaves and pat them dry with a kitchen towel 
   or paper towel,

3. Assemble your tuna salad cups! Simply take a whole romaine cup 
   and put some tuna salad in it! Repeat until tuna salad is gone! 



       
Kinda tastes like a Jimmy John's tuna salad, but wayyyyyy better! 


(Kinda offended myself by comparing my cooking to Jimmy John's) 



*sigh*





I mean come on, you guys! So fresh and soooo full of flavor :)



Enjoy everyone! The next time your Mama comes over, make this for her! Here's to experimenting in the kitchen and always trying new things! Thank you for always coming back and cookin with me, Cassie! Cheers!




Comments